|Job Title:||Mental Health Program Assistant|
|Work Site:||North Shore Mental Health Administration, HOpe Center, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status:||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$19.72 - $21.78 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Mental Health Program Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) at Lions Gate Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Office Administrator to join its team as a Mental Health Program Assistant at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team! As a Mental Health Program Assistant, you will:
- Use considerable tact and diplomacy to provide communication, information and reception services, administrative support functions and other duties relating to various program activities within adult community mental health.
- Answer telephone inquiries, and take messages or direct callers to the appropriate person.
- Greet and check in clients, schedule client appointments as directed, and confirm client appointments.
- Exhibit current working knowledge of applicable computer systems and software programs.
- Word process a variety of material such as correspondence and progress reports utilizing word processing or spreadsheet software.
- Enter client information into database, score client questionnaires according to established procedures, transcribe administrative and clinical correspondence, and collate statistical information.
- Maintain client charts as per established procedures, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, and engage in on-going team planning and quality improvement activities.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, completion of an office administration certificate plus two (2) years’ recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to deal with clients living with mental illness and/or addiction
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to compose business correspondence.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Computer literacy to operate computerized client care information system (PARIS) and word processing, spreadsheet (Excel) , database, Internet and e-mail software.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.