Z Modular (z-modular.com) is a fast-growing design-build modular company, with three factories in the US and a new factory being commissioned in Kitchener, Canada. Our patented modular system allows developers and architects to build faster and more-efficiently than ever before, using new technology and fabrication methods that are reinventing construction. We are currently hiring to build a Design Department in Kitchener that will augment our 30-person Design HQ in The Junction area of Toronto.
An immediate full-time position is available for an MEP Designer with experience in the management and coordination of design/build and/or modular buildings. This position requires the candidate to liaise between Architects and Engineers and the modular design team. The candidate must be highly skilled in the interpretation of building design documents, the coordination of building systems and building science with a superior attention to detail. This position requires the candidate to be a creative problem solver with great people skills. The ideal candidate will have an interest in modular construction, automated fabrication systems, parametric design software, and developing alternative approaches to the design and construction industry.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Experience 5 years working with Revit in an Engineering firm
• Education Engineer or Engineering Technologist
• Code In-depth understanding of OBC and other regulations
• Communication Liaison with Client, Design team, Contractors and Fabricators
• Design Expertise in construction documents relating to Mechanical, Electrial and/or Plumbing
• Detailing Experience producing construction drawings, shop drawings & details
• Construction Knowledge of contract management and administration
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design Review existing and create new building designs, details and shop drawings
• Details Adapt existing/develop new modular details for construction drawings
• Revit skills Complete building package, plus customizing families and schedules
• Coordinate Review design details and flag questions, conflicts or inconsistencies
• Office work Work with Senior Designer to identify weekly production needs
• Drawing Organize & oversee drawing packages including Permit & Shop Drawings
- Regular and predictable, full-time, onsite attendance during scheduled hours.
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.