Who we are
Best Buy Canada is one of the largest omni-channel retailers of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products, related accessories and services in Canada.Did you know we are also Canada’s largest consumer electronics retailer AND the #1 website in Canada with more than 28 million visitors each month?! With over 1000 employees in our Canadian headquarters in Burnaby, BC, the career possibilities are endless and we are looking for talented people to join our team!
This is where YOU come in
As a Merchandise Manager you will be part of our fast-paced Merchandising team who is responsible for the selection of products that you see in our Best Buy stores and on our website! You will manage a category of merchandise and oversee the strategy, planning and business performance. You will oversee the entire cycle of the merchandise from promotion management, assortment management, pricing, inventory, vendor management to space and visual presentation the products. In this role, you will partner closely with internal stakeholders including marketing, inventory, store design as well as external vendors.
If you are ambitious and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, this is the perfect role for you to jumpstart your career with us!
What YOUR day to day will look like
- Work closely with the Merchandise leadership team on the longer-term strategic vision for your product category
- Manage key performance indicators of the category including sales, profit, market share
- Develop a strong understanding of the customer and market and incorporate that insight into business decisions
- Create the promotional and advertising strategy for your category
- Develop an assortment plan to maximize financial goals and opportunities
- Work closely with the inventory team to manage inventory requirements and overall inventory plan
- Develop and manage vendor relationships
Who YOU are
- You have 3 – 5 years of experience in a merchandising, retail buying, category management or inventory management role
- You have experience working within a retail or sales driven environment
- Your drive and business acumen shine through in everything you do!
- You strive in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- You are a problem solver with the ability to see the big picture
- You are very comfortable working with MS Office (World, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- You communicate effectively and build strong relationships with external and internal partners
Find out more about us!
Our newly renovated Canadian Corporate Head Quarters is 140,000 square feet, two stories high and is designed as an open office environment where teamwork is encouraged. Being located in Burnaby B.C. offers a great lifestyle living on the West Coast of Canada. With great food and Starbucks coffee made available in our subsidized cafeteria, a full fitness center on-site, a nearby outdoor park with running paths along the scenic Fraser River, free shuttle and parking, and much more, the energy of Best Buy Canada, Ltd. is undeniable.
Best Buy Canada Ltd. operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY). Best Buy Enterprise is a multinational retailer of technology, entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. We are a truly global company with approximately 140,000 employees across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The Best Buy family of brands and partnerships collectively generates billions of dollars in annual revenue and includes brands such as Best Buy; Best Buy Mobile; Geek Squad, Magnolia Audio Video; and Pacific Sales.