Merchandise Planner, eCommerce
Our eCommerce team is responsible for curating, managing, and optimizing BestBuy.ca: one of the largest eCommerce retail sites in Canada. We're here because of our customers, and we're dedicated to building world-class experiences to ensure they find the products they need quickly and from any device. We have big goals and we need you to make them happen- join us in leading Canada's digital commerce!
Within eCommerce, the Expanded Assortment Team plays a critical role in growing our presence in a variety of non-consumer electronics markets that hold a great deal of opportunity for Best Buy. The team uses the Agile framework to leverage each other's skills and iteratively deliver value for our customers on anything to do with the category. This is a team that truly owns the business end-to-end; from assortment building to customer communication all the way to conversion and post-purchase support.
The Merchandise Planner on the eCommerce team is a digital analytics and forecasting guru that has a passion for forecasting and setting targets and working with the team to knock them out of the park. The Merchandise Planner works closely with the Buyer, Inventory Analyst, and Category Lead to plan and forecast future inventory needs in order to drive an aggressive retail business plan. Your knack for numbers means you are as comfortable looking at the minutiae of the price elasticity of a single product as you are looking at the macro effects of how consumer trends and seasonality impacts overall category sales
As a Planner you will...
• Forecast future demand for all items in a given product category based on historical sales, current and future trends, annual seasonality, price, promotion, web metrics and other inputs.
• Build a pricing and promotions strategy for the items in a given product category.
• Work with the buyer to build and forecast optimal assortments of products.
• Work with the buyer to determine optimal prices and quantities of special buys, deals, container purchases and one-time buys.
• Work with marketing and the web merchandisers to bring promotions to life.
• Submit pricing changes based on your promotional/pricing strategy.
• Work with the Inventory Analyst to ensure the right amount of forecasted inventory is being ordered to supply all sales channels (online, in store and by region).
• Contribute to the development of the annual category budget.
• Plan category-specific events and promotions that drive budgeted year over year growth
• Help ensure category profitability by tracking and optimizing sell-through
• Track price competitiveness and coordinate with the Buyer and Inventory Analyst to make necessary adjustments
• Work with the Performance Marketer to set optimal prices and inventory levels for digital search campaigns.
We hope you are...
• Analytical-You love numbers big and small. You look for patterns and trends in a sea of data and you get a thrill when your forecasted predictions are bang-on.
• Passionate-You love to plan events and promotions that drive business results. You have innovative ideas that are supported by data, an ability to ask the tough questions, and expert methods to leverage your analytical skills.
• A lifelong learner-you hold an engrained desire to keep evolving your craft, use and develop new tools, and help the team iterate on past success
• Striving for continuous improvement-you're an agile problem-solver with an ability to think on your feet; you work efficiently, deliver results quickly, and continually implement your learnings
• An effective communicator-you can articulate plans and strategy well, and leverage data and insights to back up your perspective.
The experience we need...
• 3-5 years in a retail (preferably eCommerce) environment
• 3-5 years forecasting & planning
• 3-5 years Buying/Merchandising/Inventory experience
• Experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented Agile environment; familiarity with JIRA, Confluence
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology. If you share our passion and you possess many of these skills and traits, we think you'll be a great fit!