Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
An opportunity currently exists for an individual who would like a career in retail purchasing. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit with interest in negotiation and product management, please apply for this position.
- Provide store associates with service and information
- Sourcing new products and vendors
- Negotiate vendor agreements
- Develop strong vendor relationships
- Identify and analyze market trends
- Forecast sales and purchases
- Develop and execute a business plan that maximizes sales and profitability of your product categories. This includes among others; budgeting, marketing/flyer strategies, pricing strategies and merchandising strategies.
- Analysis of product and category performance
- Self starter
- Strong negotiator
- Excellent communicator
- Focus driven
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Systematic thinker
- Well organized
- Problem solver
- Result oriented
- Detail oriented
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.