This is a 12 month (1 year) contract position.
This role requires flexibility to work in the afternoon and early morning shifts.
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies, or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
What will you do?
Performs analyses on finished products, raw materials or packaging materials following established methods and Patheon Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Performs lab functions such as media preparations, culture maintenance, microbial count, pathogen screening, routine instrument calibrations/maintenance, environmental testing, and microassay testing.
- Prepares media preparation and growth promotion testing.
- Documents all tests/test materials/equipment used and all results obtained.
- Conducts water testing and environmental monitoring.
- Maintains culture maintenance and microbial identification.
- Performs equipment maintenance/calibration. Assists with glassware cleaning.
- Performs all work in a safe manner and maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- May be essential to perform alternating or rotating shift work (as required)
- Other duties as assigned
How will you get there?
- College/Technical School diploma in Microbiology or in a related field.
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices.
- Understanding of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Good understanding of safety standards.
- Proficiency with the English language.
- Experience with SAP (an asset).