Oxford Manor Retirement Residence is looking for motivated, caring, hardworking individuals to provide personal care in a long term care home located in Ingersoll.
- Assisting or providing total personal care such as toileting and bathing
- Assisting with eating, dressing and grooming
- Assisting nursing staff by answering call bells
- Following the care plan, observing and reporting any substantial findings and/or changes in patient/resident/client’s behavior to the appropriate registered member of the healthcare team
- Performing tasks delegated to them
- Reporting behavioral and clinical changes to a Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse, Resource Nurse or Manager
Skills and Education:
- PSW experience in Retirement care preferred
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff, residents and families
- Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English
- Basic computer skills
- Position is midnight. Hours are from 11:00pm - 7:00am
- Current vulnerable sector screening; valid within 6 months
- TB screening; within 6 months is also required
- Supervisory References
Working with Us.
Making Every Moment Matter is very important to us and is a mantra we live by. Outside of our day to day responsibilities, we have a great work culture where we have staff appreciation events, conferences, education days, and more. We’re a family-oriented environment and truly value our people.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment, in accordance with industry standards and in compliance with legislative requirements, which includes taking steps to prevent/minimize occupational injury and illness. We are also committed to meeting the accessibility standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, including making accessibility an integral part of recruiting, hiring and supporting employees with disabilities.