Mill Production Supervisor (Lanigan, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reports to the Mill General Foreman.
What you will do:
- Provide a safe workplace by ensuring all site policies and procedures are being stringently adhered to, including lockout procedures
- Oversee an assigned mill production crew and train employees in safe, efficient methods of operation and in the skills necessary in all areas of production by providing them with discussion and hands on training methods
- Work with the training department to ensure training is completed
- Supervise work completed by production crews and directing the work of shift electricians and shift mechanics should breakdowns of equipment occur
- Provide a level of safe production in accordance with company goals
- Assume responsibility for the efficient operation of the control room so that mill operations are kept at peak efficiency
- Liaise between different groups including mill maintenance and mine operations to investigate any delays or interruptions to ore supply to the mill
- Issue clear and concise daily progress reports, ensuring continuity of production
- Ensure crews are properly filling out equipment log books
What you will bring:
- Demonstrate positive safety behavior and safety leadership
- Possess strong leadership skills, including the ability to mentor, coach and correct performance where needed
- Experience working in a mill operations environment
- Superior interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills are essential
- Strong computer skills are required, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness to learn and gain adequate knowledge and experience through training
- A strong knowledge of potash production, and mill operating procedures
- Preference will be given to candidates who have training and several years’ experience in potash mining
- Ability to obtain the qualifications needed for a Saskatchewan Supervisory Certificate required by the Saskatchewan Department of Labour, preference will be given to candidates who already possess this Certificate
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of commitment to creating a safe working environment
- Ability to lead a team, delegate responsibility and mentor employees
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran