Mill Structural Engineer - (Allan, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career while earning a competitive salary and great benefits.
This position reports to the Chief Maintenance Engineer.
What you will do:
- Manage a formal inspection program for all structural steel on surface
- Coordinate all structural steel repair projects
- Ensures assigned projects go through all required stages of the CAPMAP process and ensures projects are executed using sound project controls methodology
- Provide daily Structural Engineering support to the Mill Maintenance Department
- Work closely with the Project Engineering group to ensure all new or modified structures are captures in the Structural Integrity Program
- Responsible for Continuous Improvement in the Structural Integrity Program
What you will bring:
- Must possess a Structural Engineering degree
- 5-8 years experience in an industrial environment, preferably familiar with mining operations
- Good oral and written communication skills, as well as analytical and problem solving abilities
- Able to work in a diverse environment
- Proficient in the use of computer software programs, including Microsoft Office, as well as software required for capital and maintenance work
- Eligible to be a member APEGS
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.