InVision is a progressive and strategic recruitment provider focused on servicing technical professions encompassing Information Technology, Engineering and Skilled Trades across Canada.
Our client is a market leader in the Canada and is looking for Licensed Millwrights to join their team.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Maintenance Coordinator and will maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, and straightedges
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary. Record repairs and maintenance performed
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Licensed Industrial Mechanic
- Must have full set of metric standard tools
- Exposure with mechanical devices, pneumatic controls and welding/cutting
- Must have at least 3 years; experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to read mechanical drawings
- Must be able to work shifts as well as some extended hours and weekends
- Qualified applicants will have good interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Must possess superior analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential
- Ability to manage time effectively while handling multiple jobs with varying priorities
- Must be able to work in a team setting with other tradesman
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds on a routine basis.
- Must be able to walk and/or stand 70-90% of the shift
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Full Time Permanent Opportunity
- Excellent compensation
- Growth Opportunities
- All Qualified candidates will be contacted
InVision is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
- It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.