This position is for Polycon Industries, a division of Magna Exteriors and Interiors.
Magna Exteriors and Interiors, an operating unit of Magna International, designs, engineers, and manufactures a variety of products for the automotive, commercial transportation, consumer, and industrial markets. Our vast capabilities including fascia systems, sealing systems, exterior trim, composite components, engineered glass, door trim panels, cargo management, headliners, and cockpit systems position us as a full service supplier for our customers. Innovation drives our growth and ensures we remain at the forefront of our industry in the development of new products & systems.
A Division of Magna, Polycon Industries is a World Class supplier of automotive parts. Polycon moulds, paints, assembles and sequences automotive products to OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturers).
The Millwright is responsible for maintenance and inspection of moulding equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs equipment. Ensures that all safety, quality and TS standards are met.
Video Link - http://bit.do/polycon
- Maintenance & inspection of Moulding presses and related equipment & monitoring devices
- General mechanical & electrical duties
- Completion of all required PM, work orders & associated paperwork
- Work with outside contractors
- Responsible for 5S, maintaining a clean safe work area & continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Education:
- Five years mechanical maintenance & repair experience
- Grade 12 English & Math equivalent
- Licensed millwright 443A
- Five years of Hydraulic experience
- Must have a high mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read & interpret drawings & schematics (both mechanical layouts, Process & Instrumentation
- Working knowledge of robots, conveyors, cranes motors gearboxes & equipment an asset
- Some electrical experience required
- Must be safety conscious and reliable
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work shift work and extended hours as required to complete assignments
- Magna will offer you great benefits and advancement opportunities including:
- Shift Premium of $0.45/hr (Afternoons) and $.75/hr (Nights)
- Overtime compensation at a rate of 1.5X on weekdays and 2X on Sunday after 40 hours per week
- 5 hrs paid for each hour of overtime after 40 hrs per week
- 2 weeks of vacation pro-rated from start date plus 4 Personal Paid Holidays, 9 Paid Holidays
- $50 Cell phone Plan with Rogers for Employees and their families
- Discount on Automobile at multiple dealership including Chrysler, GM, Ford
- On site cafeteria
- On site Gym
- WorkPerks/Employee discounts programs including gym membership, Canada wonderland, etc.
- PPE provided including uniforms and laundering, prescription safety glasses, earplugs, and safety shoe allowance
- Tool allowance
- Change facilities with showers and lockers for personal items
- Annual training and certification such as working at heights, CSA, Arc Flash
- Competitive Employee and Dependent life, medical, dental insurance
- Employee Equity and Profit Participation Program (EEPPP)
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (GRRSP) with up to 3% discretionary match from Magna
- Employee and family assistance program free of charge for you and your family members
- Employee Christmas Party, BBQ and other social events
- Magna Family scholarship and Education Assistance Program
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.