Currently we are seeking individuals for the following position, please take note that this position is time sensitive and we advise you to apply immediately and express your skills and abilities that pertains to the job description.
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
Please apply to learn more about the pay, benefits, hours.
This position is part of the Guelph Plant's Maintenance Team and plays a role in improving overall reliability and performance of manufacturing and infrastructure equipment. The Industrial Mechanic’s (Millwright) primary purpose is maintaining plant equipment at optimum efficiency. The successful applicant will hold a 433A certificate of qualification as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) and have a minimum of three years’ experience in troubleshooting and repairs to a broad range of mechanical equipment. Demonstrated knowledge and ability in hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyor systems, drives and bearing assemblies is preferred. Grade 12 or equivalent is required. The plant operates on both preventive and predictive maintenance programs. The Guelph Glass Plant facility is a 24 hour/7 day a week operation.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance and repair associated with bearings, shafts, chains, conveyors, belts, sprockets, pumps, and related equipment
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs associated with pneumatic, water and other related piping equipment
- Use and interpret schematics and blueprints related to plant equipment
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on equipment and resolve identified issues/problems
- Ability to observe a situation, correctly diagnoses the problem, and implements a corrective action
- Possess industry standard cutting and welding skills, use of torch, stick welding, and wire welding, including understanding of cutting and welding procedures and safety
- Demonstrated working knowledge of lock tag try, hot work, line breaking and confined space entry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of oils and lubrications, rigging of equipment, set-up and alignment of machinery and equipment
- Maintain accurate up-to-date maintenance database records (SAP)
- Ongoing personal development, including staying up to date on current Millwright Techniques
- Participates in the Safety and housekeeping programs
- Performs other duties as directed by the Maintenance Leader and Maintenance Supervisor
When you join The Bartech Group, an Impellam company you launch a career. Bartech one of North America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level of thinking. We specialize in Contract and Direct Placement of Engineering, IT, Technical, Professional and Finance & Accounting specialists.
Bartech values diversity and inclusion in its workforce and we invite all applicants to apply. We review all applications and will contact candidates whose skills are best suited for this role. If you are not immediately contacted please note that we will retain your resume for future opportunities.