With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
• Maintain, troubleshoot and conduct preventative maintenance.
• Perform routine maintenance on processing and packaging equipment
• Repair and replace defective mechanical machinery parts as required.
• Work with conveyors, automated and robotics systems, processing equipment (i.e. mixers, bulk handling system), and high speed packaging equipment (i.e. flow wrappers, trayloaders and cartoners, palletizer).
• Fabricate parts when required/requested.
• Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems.
• Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, engineering drawings and blueprints.
• Coach Machine Operators on troubleshooting techniques.
• Lift weights of 23 kg (50 lbs).
• Other related tasks as assigned by Maintenance Planner or Manager.
Education and Experience
• Completion of college degree or related technical training.
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in related (food manufacturing) industry is bonus.
• Ontario/Interprovincial Millwright Certification (433A license).
• Interprovincial Industrial Electrician Certification (442A license) and PLC knowledge is asset
• Strong troubleshooting skills and experience setting up high speed packaging machinery. Machining and welding skills are preferred.
• Experience with Continuous Improvement/Lean 6 Sigma is preferred.
• Computer literacy essential, including MS Office (Excel, Word, Access) and email. Literacy and exposure to SAP is preferred.
• Good communication skills. Able to communicate clearly in spoken and written English with other team members and management; Speak English in production areas.
• Strong problem solving, decision making, and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrates leadership - able to influence others to reach team/plant objectives, set a positive example for the team & takes on work with energy and enthusiasm.
• Positive attitude, good team player with all departments and able to work with minimal supervision.
Work Schedule: The weekly hours of work will be on an alternate work schedule which may include (12) twelve-hour shifts and regular scheduled work on weekend or alternate shifts. Flexibility to work all shifts (day, afternoon and night) include alternate work week and overtime is required.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process.
For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.