Millwright Technician - (Carseland, Alberta, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Millwright Technician reports to the Supervisor, Millwright.
What you will do:
- Ensure safety and housekeeping standards and maintenance procedures are followed and updated accordingly, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on industrial equipment in a production environment, including single and multi-stage pumps, steam turbines, compressors, rotary drums, and conveying systems
- Work may include lubrication tasks, vibration analysis, rigging, and laser alignments
- Provide technical support and take on assignments to support the overall reliability of site systems and assets during regular and outage maintenance timeframes
- Manage and lead contractor crews in the safe execution of equipment overhauls and plant outages
- Troubleshoot process, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
- Read and interpret blueprints, mechanical diagrams, schematics, P&IDs, and architectural drawings
- Maintain equipment history and documentation identifying opportunities for improvement
What you will bring:
- Highschool Diploma
- Journeyman or Interprovincial Millwright trade designation
- Machinist Journeyman or interporvicial designation preferred
- 5 years in an industrial setting
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and team working skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Be driven and detail-orientated
- Possess leadership skills
- Working knowledge of SAP, planning and scheduling principles
- Working knowledge of vibration and lubrication principles
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran