Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
Reporting to the Fixed Maintenance Supervisor, you will be expected to provide mechanical services to the fixed equipment to ensure safety and production goals are met.
Utilizing your millwright experiences, you will be focused on all of the maintenance requirements for stationary equipment at Lafarge Canada’s Texada Quarry.
- Comply and assist all co-workers with all Health & Safety Requirements, and Environmental Practices established by Lafarge Canada Inc.
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn where and when required.
- Ensure a safe clean work environment for all employees.
- Ensure compliance to the preventive maintenance schedule.
- Complete efficient, reliable and safe mechanical repairs on all stationary equipment throughout the quarry.
- Perform tasks including installing, maintaining and repairing equipment.
- Work shift rotations.
- Valid Interprovincial Journeyman Millwright.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a heavy/mining/quarry environment.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Valid Drivers license.
Experience and Skill Set:
- Communicates effectively by expressing thoughts clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Displays excellent work ethics, leadership skills, and be extremely organized.
- Work safely while recognizing the need for doing thorough and complete work within the confines of a schedule.
- Must meet the physical demands of the position.
- Demonstrates initiative; while working independently or within a team.
- A strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Results driven and self motivated.
- Journeyman millwright toolset, (list available)
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
Through LafargeHolcim’s 2030 Plan, Lafarge is committed to providing solutions using sustainable manufacturing practices and improving the environment in and around its operations. The company has a sixty year history in Canada and works continually to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, restore wetlands for native plants and animals, and identify waste materials that can be recycled and used in our operations.