About Alamos Gold Inc.: Alamos is a Canadian-based intermediate gold producer with diversified production from three operating mines in North America. This includes the Young-Davidson mine in northern Ontario, Canada and the Mulatos and El Chanate mines in Sonora State, Mexico. Additionally, the Company has a significant portfolio of exploration through advanced development stage projects in Mexico, Turkey, Canada and the United States. Alamos employs more than 1,700 people and is committed to the highest standards of sustainable development.
Position: Mine Cost Controller, Young Davidson Mine
Reports to: Administration Superintendent
Role Overview: This role reports to the Administration Superintendent at our Young Davidson mine site and is responsible for tracking and analyzing costs and variances and developing procedures to optimize operational and capital costs.
- Perform variance analysis for underground mining, milling, and maintenance costs and develop reports to assist Management in understanding departmental costs and trends to support financial and operational decisions;
- Develop effective cost systems and procedures to optimize operational and capital costs;
- Generate and implement cost saving initiatives across all functional areas of the mine-site;
- Co-ordinate information requirements between the finance department and the operating departments; work closely with Mine Operations, Maintenance, and Purchasing to maintain an up-to-date cost database;
- Assist with estimating / building mining, milling and maintenance costs based on first principles to support annual budget and quarterly forecasts;
- Participate in long and short-range financial planning, including supporting mine engineers with operating and capital estimates for life-of-mine;
- Compile AFE packages for capital purchases; track progress for approved AFE’s and provide expenditure forecasts;
- Other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Engineering
- 7+ years of experience (with at least 3 years at a mining operation);
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- SAP experience preferred;
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills;
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with MS Office;
- Strong presentation and communication skills, written and verbal.
Rewards for Your Efforts:
- Competitive compensation based upon experience;
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits;
- Professional development training.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted. No phone calls please.