Mine Engineer (Temporary), (Rocanville, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Mine Engineer will report to the Chief Mine Engineer.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Mine Operations, Maintenance, and Technical Services teams providing support
- Mine design, process, planning and scheduling
- Mine Ventilation support – completing proactive designs, identifying capital requirements, and assisting in short term troubleshooting to ensure the mine is successfully being ventilated
- Geotechnical support – providing long term geotechnical support to assist with mine design and planning, as well as operations field support for addressing ground hazards that can develop in the underground environment
- Supervision of employees and/or external contractors
- Working on cross-functional team projects for the mine
- Identifying and managing operational, capital and business improvement requirements to execute mine development and production activities
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mine Engineering, Geological Engineering, or a related discipline
- Eligible for membership in the Association of Professional Engineers of Saskatchewan
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in underground operating mine sites (preferred)
- Technical proficiency in Rock Mechanics, Mine Ventilation
- Proficiency with MicroStation, AutoCad, Amine, or alternate drafting/mining software
- Proficiency with mine planning software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead, develop, coach and mentor
- Ability to work underground
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran