Mine Mechanical Engineer, Cory, Saskatoon, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Under the direction of the Chief Maintenance Engineer, performs technical assignments involving mechanical engineering. This position permits engineers to develop or utilize expertise in particular fields such as mechanical engineering, project management and equipment evaluation.
- Work on designs of specific components and equipment
- Gather and correlate basic data and perform detailed engineering duties involving calculations and relatively standard tests
- Assist other engineers in the study and recommendation of new or existing equipment and methods
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, AutoCAD/Inventor)
- Ability to lead and develop others
- Previous experience in a potash mine would be an asset
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, or Industrial Systems Engineering
- E.I.T. or Professional Engineer designation
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.