Mine Mechanical Supervisor (Shift) - (Rocanville, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Mine Mechanical Supervisor will report to the Mine Maintenance General Foreman.
What you will do:
- Supervise performance of, provide mentoring to, and management of the mine maintenance crew
- Provide safety leadership, ensure compliance with all safety and workplace rules and procedures
- Work closely with Maintenance Planning, Technical Services and Operations Departments to utilize available equipment and material, safely and efficiently, in order to meet daily production goals
What you will bring:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years' mining experience and underground supervisor certification
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Strong leadership skills - ability to engage and inspire; coach and mentor
- Inter-Provincial Journeyperson Certification or Engineering/Technologist designation (preferred)
- Experience as a supervisor in a unionized environment and exposure based safety programs (preferred)
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran