JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are Trevali and it is our vision to be the premier global base metals mining company, preferred by investors for solid performance and by communities, partners and employees for mutual benefit and trust.
Our four commercially producing operations are in Canada, Peru, Burkina Faso and Namibia, and we have a number of other projects under development. We strive to offer meaningful and challenging work and to do so in a safe environment. We recognize that our talent is a key asset to our success, and we believe in investing in our employees' development.
Trevali's Caribou Mine is situated just outside of Bathurst, New Brunswick. Bathurst is considered to be one of the most picturesque communities in Canada in close proximity to a mining operation. It is home to a regional hospital, French and English schools and a wide variety of outdoor activities including golf, swimming (beautiful beaches), hockey, curling, skiing, snowmobiling, boating, fishing and hunting to name a few. Bathurst has an airport that offers daily service to Montreal and it is near the larger centers of Moncton and Fredericton which are easily accessible by main highways. Housing costs are very reasonable when looking at the national average, and the cost of living is lower than in many similar sized mining communities.
Our values represent who we are.
We are respectful.
We are determined.
We are disciplined.
We deliver excellent results.
We share knowledge with one another.
If this sounds appealing, we would like to hear from you!
Job Posting No. 2019-08Mine Supervisor
The Mine Supervisor reports directly to the Mine Captain and is responsible for the following:
- Plan production operations, establish priorities and sequences for mobile and mining equipment;
- Prepare schedules and coordinate mining activities to ensure production and quality of product meets specifications;
- Review production and operating reports and resolve operational problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays;
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product;
- Review production schedules to ascertain data such as types, quantities, and specifications of mining supplies necessary and schedule delivery dates in order to meet department objectives;
- Inspect equipment and workplaces to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization;
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase production efficiency;
- Develop or revise standard operational procedures and working practices
- Observe workers to ensure compliance with standards;
- Interpret and communicate company policies to workers.
- Interpret specifications and job orders to workers and assign duties;
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems;
- All other duties as may be assigned.
The Mine Supervisor requires the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Diploma in Mining Engineering Technician or degree in mining related field preferred.
- Supervisory common core preferred.
- 3 or more years supervisory experience preferred.
- 5 or more years underground mining experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of New Brunswick Mining Act.
Trevali offers competitive compensation packages, a great team environment, and career advancement opportunities. If you meet the above criteria and are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 23, 2019. Pleasecite the posting number in the subject line. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Trevali Mining Corporation is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a member of a visible minority group.