Are you ready for a career change to somewhere where you can really make a difference, be constantly challenged and be in an environment that offers you the opportunity to…
- Work with an international and strong team where each and every member’s opinion matters
- Have flexible working hours, home office and learning & development opportunities
- Build up our fast-growing team in downtown Montreal (team size increased 5x over a year)
If we have your attention now, then please check out whether this is the role for you.
As ML Architect, you are responsible for the architecture of the infrastructure that support the whole lifecycle of ML development, from dataset building to tracking performance in production. Acting as a thought leader, your primary focus is to empower AI Engineers and Data Scientists to be more efficient, to bring in best in class solutions to ensure a frictionless and fast development and productising of ML systems. You report into the Head of AI.
This is a highly collaborative role. You will collaborate closely with the VPs of Engineering and their teams, in particular the System Architects, to ensure ML requirements are well taken into account in the architectural choices. You will closely work with the team in charge of implementing the ML infrastructure, which implies you are still hands-on. To ensure business needs are met, you will closely collaborate with different product managers. Last but not least, given the sensitive nature of the data we work with, you will work with InfoSec department to ensure the highest standard of security are ensured, in particular ISO 27k standards. Given the multi-functional and multi-team nature of your tasks, you will also coordinate with the Senior Technical Project Manager.
Thanks to your in-depth practical experience with ML development lifecycle, you will ensure best-in class tooling and processes are used across all ML projects. Pragmatic, you will judiciously choose between third-party solutions and in-house developed solutions to ensure optimal delivery and functionality. This implies a comprehensive understanding of the landscape of available tools for ML infrastructure.
- 5+ years experience designing ML solutions
- ML workflow, ML tooling and framework ecosystem (in particular TensorFlow, Pytorch, AWS, Kubeflow, etc.)
- 5+ years experience in software development
- 3+ years in technical architecture; software and engineering platform design principles
- Track record of building advanced infrastructure(s)
- Tech stack: Python, Java, Kubernetes, AWS Cloud
- Experience in managing multiple vendors, the integration of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Security best practices; experience in a regulated industry and/or handling sensitive PII data is a plus
- Thought leader and driver of change
- Communication and collaboration (working across timezones in distributed organizations; multi-functional setups
Nice to have
- Implementation of ISO 27k certification
- Experience in computer vision
- Experience in advanced user experience design, especially for professional users
- AWS certified solution architect
- AWS certified machine learning specialist
Please note this role is currently being considered based in our Montreal Office, but we are also considering any one of our other locations for the right person.
The candidate will get significant business knowledge and experience, as Jumio is a company where ownership levels are high and business teams work very closely with engineering. They can also expect to have considerable international exposure and experience and develop close working relationships with colleagues worldwide. They will work in a performance focused environment and can expect appropriate rewards and recognition.
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds and statuses.