A major bank is looking for a Mobile DevOps Engineer, 6 month contract, Vancouver, BC- partial remote option.
Client: Major Bank
Role: Mobile DevOps Engineer
Duration: 6 months, plus likely extension for right candidate
Rate: *depending on experience
Location: Vancouver, ON (partial remote option available)
Your new company
A leading bank, with multiple offices across Canada and throughout the world are looking for a Mobile DevOps Engineer for a 6 month contract in their Vancouver office. They have an excellent reputation within their sector and are known as a market leader.
Your new role
The DevOps engineer on the Mobile team should be passionate, self-motivated individuals, who are comfortable building custom tooling in Python, writing documentation that scales across multiple teams and can identify, design & build automated solutions to existing manual processes.
* Monitor, maintain & extend the existing in house Mobile CI pipeline (Jenkins & Vagrant) & related services
* Build & extend our custom tooling (Python) to fuel productivity throughout the mobile teams
* Defining dashboard to monitor production services
* Configuring altering and monitoring on live systems
* Involvement in incident management and supporting production systems
* Expanding the CI capability
* Managing our in-house CI service, built on top of Jenkins
* Supporting procurement of external services.
* Building tooling to support automated app releases
* Building custom tooling for our development teams
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience in a mobile engineering environment
* Experience with the continuous delivery of Mobile applications
* Experience collaborating across teams
* Experience in PCF, App Dynamics & Splunk
* Experienced with Bash and Python
* Knowledge of JVM (memory spaces)
* Working knowledge of Java
* Understanding of API Security
* Strong Troubleshooting skills
* Solid experience with Performance testing
What you'll get in return
The client is offering a 6 month engagement, with a high likelihood of extension and a very competitive rate for the contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.