Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
Please email your resume directly to Danny Luong at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our operation consists of recycling concrete rubble to produce a finished product for resale.
As a member of the Franceschini Brothers Aggregates (FBA) Recycling Crushing Crew, the Mobile Equipment Operator will operate mobile equipment (excavators/wheel loader) to feed the crushing plant in accordance with Lafarge’s Best Practices and Policies as well as perform all administration related to the equipment’s operation. The position will also require executing daily tasks of operating and maintaining the Portable Recycling Plant.
Operating and maintaining the plant will consist of preventative maintenance and repairs before and after production for the day. Preventative maintenance may include, but not limited to roller, flashing, screen changes, greasing, cleaning spillage from the plant, and washing equipment. All work is to be completed according to Lafarge’s Best Practices and Policies.
Typical shift is approximately 5:00 am to 5:00 pm – Monday to Friday
This position will require some travel as the plant will move from site to site (within and outside of the GTA). Most of the time, crushing will be within the GTA.
Location: 2531 Cawthra Road. Mississauga, Ontario.
- Safety: Promote safety culture through engagement with employees, subcontractors and suppliers, implementation and maintenance of local and regional initiatives with an objective of “zero” safety incidents. Administer and promote safety policies, processes and review procedures to ensure that site meets or exceeds all Lafarge and Regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure that plant and surrounding site is kept safe, presentable, and functional.
- Environmental Management: Ensure that site meets or exceeds all Lafarge and Regulatory guidelines. Report and manage environmental spills to site management as they occur. Operate equipment effectively to minimize carbon footprint of machinery.
- Equipment: Ensure assigned equipment is operated and maintained to original equipment manufacturer specifications and industry best practices.
- Maintenance: Perform daily inspections as part of our preventative maintenance program to ensure equipment is properly maintained. Perform preventative maintenance tasks to minimize the amount of downtime incurred during production. Perform repairs on the crushing plant in a safe manner.
- Other: Perform other duties as assigned to assist in the efficient operation of the plant and site. Perform general housekeeping tasks to ensure the site is presentable.
Relationships with Others Jobs
- Reports to the Crushing Foreman
- Safety: Near Miss and HI process, MVA’s, FA’s, MI’s, LTI’s, Daily Safety Huddles, Risk Assessments, Confined Space and WAH permits
- Maintenance: daily, weekly, monthly, and annual inspection process, prioritize deficiencies as they occur
Education & Work Experience:
- Canadian secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Industrial plant operation experience an asset but not a requirement
- Heavy equipment operation experience an asset but not a requirement
- Valid “G” license is mandatory
Knowledge & Skills:
- Specific mobile equipment training
- Mechanical aptitude
- First Aid
- Surface Miner
Job-Specific Competency Profile (Lominger):
- Action oriented
- Priority setting
- Problem solving
- Process Management
- Time Management
- Written Communications
Why work for us?
Working for Lafarge offers a wide variety of career opportunities that utilize your abilities and skills to contribute to a better world. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits plan, a health & wellness program with financial incentives, an extensive global e-learning platform and much more! More information can be found at:
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.