JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are Trevali and it is our vision to be the premier global base metals mining company, preferred by investors for solid performance and by communities, partners and employees for mutual benefit and trust.
Our four commercially producing operations are in Canada, Peru, Burkina Faso and Namibia, and we have a number of other projects under development. We strive to offer meaningful and challenging work and to do so in a safe environment. We recognize that our talent is a key asset to our success, and we believe in investing in our employees' development.
Trevali's Caribou Mine is situated just outside of Bathurst, New Brunswick. Bathurst is considered to be one of the most picturesque communities in Canada in close proximity to a mining operation. It is home to a regional hospital, French and English schools and a wide variety of outdoor activities including golf, swimming (beautiful beaches), hockey, curling, skiing, snowmobiling, boating, fishing and hunting to name a few. Bathurst has an airport that offers daily service to Montreal and it is near the larger centers of Moncton and Fredericton which are easily accessible by main highways. Housing costs are very reasonable when looking at the national average, and the cost of living is lower than in many similar sized mining communities.
Our values represent who we are.
We are respectful.
We are determined.
We are disciplined.
We deliver excellent results.
We share knowledge with one another.
If this sounds appealing, we would like to hear from you!
Job Posting No. 2019-54Mobile Maintenance Supervisor
The Mobile Maintenance Supervisor,reporting directly to theMill MaintenanceGeneral Foreman, is responsible for the following:
- Manage mobile maintenance contractors for auxiliary fleet and portable mining equipment
- Oversee and support all mobile maintenance activities regarding continuous improvement initiatives and quality monitoring
- Conduct the planning and scheduling tasks as required for mobile preventative maintenance within CMMS system and together with maintenance team
- Oversee day to day maintenance activities for portable mining equipment
- Monitor and manage the performance and deliverables of maintenance contractors and contractor personnel
- Oversee day to day mine mobile maintenance activities for auxiliary fleet
- Provide effective leadership to build a strong employee work and safety culture within personnel
- Effectively manage resources and workforce to ensure the targeted machine availability and reliability are achieved
- Development of key training packages and documents that will drive mine stability and development of maintenance staff and operators
- Manage cost performance within required targets and take part in budgeting activities
- Effectively utilize the maintenance management systems to ensure economical maintenance of equipment
- Ensure maintenance activities are carried out safely and inaccordance with company policies, and legislative requirements
- Work closely with the maintenance planners and warehouse personnel for needed components and resources
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives of the department which may include data analyses and trending of mobile fleet
- All other duties as may be assigned.
The Mobile Maintenance Supervisor requires the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- 5 or more years operational experience in a mechanical mining environment.
- Experience as a planner an asset.
We offer competitive compensation packages, a great team environment, and an opportunity to participate in fresh new initiatives to gain a broad range of experience. We will be accepting resumes until July 26, 2019. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Trevali Mining Corporation is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a member of a visible minority group.