Biodesixis a leading diagnostic company with a focus in lung disease. The Companydevelops diagnostic tests addressing important clinical questions by combiningmulti-omics through the power of artificial intelligence. Biodesix is the firstcompany to offer six non-invasive tests for patients with diseases of the lung.Biodesix launched the SARS-CoV-2 ddPCR™ test and the Platelia SARS-CoV-2 TotalAb in response to the global pandemic and virus that impacts the lung andcauses COVID-19. The blood-based Biodesix Lung Reflex® strategy for lung cancerpatients integrates the GeneStrat® and VeriStrat® tests to support treatmentdecisions with results in 72 hours, expediting time to treatment. Theblood-based Nodify Lung™ nodule risk assessment testing strategy consisting ofthe Nodify XL2™ test and the Nodify CDT™ test evaluates the risk of malignancyin incidental pulmonary nodules, enabling physicians to better triage patientsto the most appropriate course of action. Biodesix also collaborates with manyof the world’s leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to solvecomplex diagnostic challenges in lung disease. For more information aboutBiodesix, please visit www.biodesix.com.
We are seeking CONTRACT mobile phlebotomists inyour area to collect samples in patient homes or work places via nasal swab orvenipuncture. This position may include collecting samples for SARS-CoV-2 aswell as drawing samples for blood-based tests that leverage genomics and proteomics touncover individualized insights about tumor biology. Testing for COVID-19diagnosis will be for persons without symptoms or those who have alreadyrecovered from the disease. Virtual training will be provided for all sampletypes and kits. Please indicate yourwillingness to collect for SARS-CoV-2 testing in your application.
NOTE: This is a contract position, and payment will be remitted within30 days of invoice.
· Allkits and draw supplies (needles, tourniquet, tubes etc.) provided.
· PPE including masks, face shields, and gownsavailable as needed depending on which test is being collected.
· Reliabletransportation as samples are collected at the patient’s home or place of work.
· Mustprovide own gloves and sharps container and have access to appropriate disposalservice.
· Accessto smart phone, scanner, and printer to receive orders and print documents.
· Adequateprocess for receipt and destruction of PHI as necessary.
· Contactand schedule each patient within 24 hours.
· Communicatewith the office regarding scheduling, patient issues or draw complications.
· Specimen collection adhering to kit instructionsprecisely to ensure accurate testing.
· Samplespacked and shipped same day using FedEx shipping number provided by company.
· Promptinvoicing of draws for payment.
· Excellentphlebotomy skills including venipuncture and nasopharyngeal swab collection.
· Aminimum of one full year of phlebotomy occurring within the last 3 calendaryears.
· Professionalverbal and written communication skills for client communication and issuereporting.
· Abilityto consistently provide respectful, compassionate care and understanding forpatients who may be undergoing treatment or be emotionally and physicallyfragile due to illness.
· Abilityto strictly follow established procedures and exercise exceptional judgement.
· Organizedmethod for contacting and scheduling patients and communicating with theoffice.
· Extremepreparedness and time management skills to ensure all draws are conductedpromptly.
· Technicalknowledge to print, scan, upload and otherwise manage electronic communication.
Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for this contract position withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,national origin, disability, or veteran status.