King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect match
Join the opening of Canada's first Mokara Spa at the Omni King Edward Hotel!
Perform exceptional esthetics services based on guest’s health history, skin type, condition and concerns adhering to Mokara Spa protocols. Provide efficient service and create memorable experiences by exceeding guest expectations.
- Perform facials, manicures, pedicures, waxing services, tinting services, neck & shoulder massage, scalp massage, and body treatments according to the Mokara Spa protocols and brand standards.
- Communicate to guest what to expect during and after spa treatment.
- Understand & communicate product knowledge of all retail and professional products confidently and eloquently.
- Provide your expert advice and recommend homecare products according to guest’s needs and requests.
- Document guest’s treatment, including but not limited to the skin type, condition, concerns, and products used.
- Maintain cleanliness of treatment rooms, wipe down surface areas, remove used linens and set up rooms according to Mokara Spa brand standards.
- Maintain the appropriate sanitization and disinfectant protocols for the respective areas and tools and equipment used.
- Stock treatment rooms with supplies and linen & report any shortages to spa management.
- Attend all mandatory Spa Departmental & hotel meetings and trainings.
- Adhere to all Policies and Procedures outlined in the Mokara Spa Associate Handbook.
- Maintain, clean and organize all spa areas according to Mokara Brand Standards, including but not limited to, reception, hospitality station, lounge, changerooms and treatment rooms.
- Ensure that Toronto Public Health BodySafe standards are upheld, including but not limited to, disinfecting & sanitization of all spa areas.
- Ensure you are up to date on communication and promotions pertaining to the Mokara Spa & the hotel.
- Stay current and educated on esthetics and spa industry trends.
- Always maintain a professional appearance, relationship and communication with every guest interaction.
- Maintain and respect the privacy and confidentiality of our guests’ personal information.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the Mokara Spa team.
- Troubleshoot and respond effectively and efficiently to guest needs and issues to ensure optimum satisfaction.
- Ensure the health and safety of all our guests and report all accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to the Loss Prevention department and Human Resources.
- Report all areas of deficiencies and maintenance work to Engineering department through Synergy in a timely manner.
- Maintain cost effective usage of all department related materials and protect hotel assets.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by spa management.
- Must hold an Esthetics Diploma, and be certified in manicures, pedicures, waxing, facial services, body treatments
- Minimum 1-year experience working as an Esthetician (preferred)
- Must be flexible to work all schedules including opening and closing, weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Smart Serve Licensed (preferred)
- Must speak fluent English
- Must be guest-service oriented
- Sales experience
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Product knowledge of commonly used skincare ingredients
- Passion for helping clients achieve their skincare goals
- Understand that the job may require reaching, bending, twisting; pulling, moving, lifting, or carrying objects weighing up to 50lbs/22kg; standing, sitting, or walking for up to 8 hours
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package
- Rotating schedule
- Growth opportunity
- Hotel room discounts