We are currently seeking a Mortgage Underwriter for our Mortgage Centre at Corporate Office. Prospera’s Underwriter drives smart growth through the review, analysis, and assessment of borrowers’ financial information and property evaluation following established policies and procedure to safeguard our members and Prospera Credit Union. Do you have strong analytical skills, love working in a positive, team-oriented environment and like to get things done? Look no further and apply for this opportunity today!
What you’ll do:
- Co-ordinate, verify and analyze mortgage applications and ensure consistent, objective and sound credit decisions in a high-volume environment within prescribed service level agreements.
- Approves mortgages within established lending policies and limits using good judgment to provide win-win solutions for members and the credit union.
- Continuously monitors and maintains the mortgage application queue, accurately and in real time to ensure member expectations and deadlines are met and service level agreements are achieved.
- Communicates regularly with Branch staff to ensure member satisfaction and expedite turn around times.
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 year of experience in the financial services industry
- Experience in mortgage lending adjudication including lending to self-employed individuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build a genuine rapport and work within and across teams to create the best solutions that will benefit members
- Is agile, can shift gears quickly, stays focused and effective responses to numerous diverse challenges and demands
- Strong attention to detail
- Can articulate clearly and professionally
- Ability to read, analyze and comprehend financial statements and tax returns
- Available to work Saturdays
What’s in it for you?
Inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace: where all team members are valued, respected and heard. We learn from each other’s differences, gaining strength through our people and our perspectives
Career Advancement! We are committed to our employee’s growth and development and we want to see you soar. There are a number of career pathing options this position leads to, let us be your springboard.
Fun & Camaraderie. We care deeply about our members and our employees and we want the hours you spend with us to be fun, rewarding and sometimes lighthearted. We like to work hard, play hard, have fun and be there for each other.
Show me the money! We also offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits program and a generous defined benefits pension plan.
Community Focused. We care about giving back to the communities we live, work and play in. We provide a paid volunteer day and many community-minded activities throughout the year.
Grow your dream with us! Be part of exciting growth happening now at Prospera. Vision 2020 and our Vision, Purpose, and Values guide our company and we want you to be part of it!
Apply today for our Underwriter opportunity at www.prospera.ca/careers