We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they’ll share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations. We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
- Provide excellent Guest Service per the standards of the hotel, and assist in situations to ensure guest satisfaction
- Supervision and coordination of the activities of Front Desk Agents and Bell Staff
- Orientation of new Front Desk Agents and Bell Staff
- Trains, cross-trains and retrains all Front Office personnel
- Supervises workloads during shifts and assists when needed
- Ensures there are enough working staff during shifts and for the week
- Evaluates the job performance of each Front Office and Bell Staff employee
- Performs front desk agent’s duties and responsibilities
- Trains and enforces proper telephone etiquette
- Maintains a detailed knowledge about the hotels services and hours of operation
- Maintains working relationship and communicates with all departments
- Communicates pertinent information to Department Heads and Managers
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available and room rates
- Balances inventory and oversees the proper assignment of guest rooms
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of the reservations department
- Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary
- Knows cancellation procedures
- Receives information from previous shift and passes on pertinent details to oncoming staff
- Enforces all cash-handling and credit policies
- Enforces all hotel policies for guests and staff
- Wears proper uniform at all times and requirse all hotel staff to do the same
- Taking care of personal appearance and use of dress code
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests
- Knows and enforces security checks, knows and trains all safety and emergency procedures
- Enforces the Hotel’s confidentiality policy and staff guidelines
- Assumes the role of Manager on Duty in the monthly rotation
- Attends guest requests and resolves guest complaints
- Uses service recovery measures where applicable to ensure guest satisfaction
- Anticipates and intervenes in all incidents of guest dissatisfaction and attempts to satisfy all such guests, within policy
- Reads and organizes the Front Desk Outlook email account
- Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel
- Demonstrates honesty and accepts responsibility for personal actions
- Promotes goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers, and fellow employees
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of front desk and lobby and telephone area
- Ensures that all front desk equipment is working properly.
- Ensures there are enough supplies.
- Ensures computer equipment is in working order all the time.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader, with minimal direct supervision
- Basic computational ability
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of Hotel computer accounting programs, such as Room Master
- Bachelor’s Degree or related technical school degree preferred
- Two to five years in a major hotel, hospital, or building, including one year in a supervisory capacity
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per standards
- To honour our commitment to be “Always Honest” all employees must consent to a criminal record check
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.