Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Risk (ETR) is comprised of five primary areas:
- Core Infrastructure (CI) manages the infrastructure technology solutions to support the Firm’s daily operations, enable our businesses to expand to new markets, offer new client products, and comply with evolving regulations.
- End User Technology (EUT) delivers core communication, collaboration and productivity tools across the Firm, including desktop and mobile devices, remote computing solutions, and multimedia services.
- Quality Assurance & Production Management (QAPM) provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services. QAPM also manages the Enterprise Command Center, Enterprise Systems Management, and Technology Disaster Recovery services.
- Technology & Information Risk (TIR) delivers first-line defenses to manage risks to Firm technology. TIR oversees programs that protect and enable the business, ensure secure delivery of services to our clients, address the risks presented by an evolving threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations.
- Technology Business Development (TechBD) manages the Firm’s strategic relationships with external technology companies.
The Database Administrator will:
- Be a hands-on Database Administrator responsible for the design, maintenance, integration and operational support for the MSSQL environment SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2014
- Continuously monitor performance of SQL server, application and scheduled job performance and work to improve performance as well as establish performance baselines
- Provide high-level database support and guidance to both the Development and Infrastructure teams
- Own, resolve, and track all database incidents and requests across production, UAT, and development environments.
- Be responsible for ensuring data consistency and integrity across all database systems.
- Work closely with other IT resources (e.g. Windows Engineering team, Network Administrators) to create and implement new applications and technology
- Implement and support production changes adherent to the change management/ release process
- Manage, design and implement backup, recovery, and high-availability processes for all database systems
- From time to time, the candidate will be asked to work on call on a rotation basis.
- 4+ years of Database Administration experience
- A demonstrated proficiency in supporting the database platform of a large organization
- Flexibility to support the operations of our businesses, from time to time, on call on a rotation basis
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Experience in SQL 2008/2008R2/2012/2014/2016 database management and related products from Microsoft including Powershell, Windows 2003/2008R2/2012 Server and
desktop operating systems.
- Prior experience with SQL Clustering, Strong Transact-SQL & SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services
- (SSIS) knowledge, Replication, Performance Tuning, Backup and recovery methods, Log shipping, Database Mirroring, Database capacity planning and Users and Role creation and monitoring.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve complex problems in a live environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to articulate complex ideas and solutions to users
- Expert knowledge and in-depth experience with the Microsoft platform and the following technology
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and as a strong team player
- Experience in financial services
Knowledge of French and English are required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.