Reporting to the Regional Manager, the adjuster is responsible for providing a consistently high level of service by investigating insurance claims for insurers or third parties, and negotiating settlement of the claims to the satisfaction of all parties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages assigned claims while meeting company standards and quality, including conducting thorough investigations; determining coverage and validity of claims, interviewing and communicating with insured, claimants and witnesses; inspecting claims sites, preparing reports and negotiating settlements
* Maintains accurate records based on company standards and procedures, using company custom computer systems
* Accurately and efficiently manages the billing for assigned files, within specified timelines
* Assists with collection of accounts receivables for assigned claims
* Assists with local marketing of the branch; attends professional and social events, and develops new business
* Maintains an excellent working relationship with existing clients to further develop business
* Requires a high level of mathematical and reasoning ability to calculate and analyse data to arrive at a logical conclusion
* The ability to cope with extreme weather, environmental and driving conditions at any time of day or night.
* Committed to continuous education to keep up-to-date with all industry and legislative issues and changes.
* Post-secondary education
* Has or is working toward CIP designation
* Must be licensed or have the ability to obtain a provisional license
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* Must meet the physical needs of the job, including using ladders to inspect roofing/structural damage, and in some cases the ability to enter enclosed spaces
* Proven adjusting and negotiating skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and computer proficiency
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled