Amenida Seniors' Community has provided supportive living for seniors for more than 20 years. Amenida is centrally located among the many amenities of the Newton area of Surrey BC. We offer independent living, assisted living, and respite services.
We have an immediate opening for 2 part-time and 2 casual Multi-Skilled Worker to join our team! Reporting to the Executive Director and applicable Department Heads, the Multi-Skilled Worker helps to maintain a clean, safe, homelike environment for residents and staff. Additionally, the Multi-Skilled Worker assists with kitchen duties and food service.
As per assigned job routine, procedures and applicable regulations:
- Provides laundry & housekeeping services
- Serves food/beverages
- Sets-up, cleans and puts away items and areas used for food preparation and/or service
- Dispenses nourishments for transfer to different areas
- Receives, unpacks and stores food and/or supplies in the appropriate storage areas
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner
- Maintains accurate records of work and supplies
- Ensures equipment is stored safely and efficiently
- Reports unsafe or faulty equipment immediately
- Identifies and reports any building deficiencies, damaged and/or inoperable furniture, fixtures or equipment to the supervisor
- Assists Cook with simple food preparation and assembly as needed
The Multi-Skilled Worker must also:
- Adheres to all policies, procedures, work standards and safety regulations
- Using established methods of communication, reports any noticed changes in tenants’ functional and cognitive behaviour that is thought to put the resident, or others at risk
- Ensures tenant rights, including confidentiality, are maintained and respected at all times
- Interacts in a professional and friendly manner with residents, co-workers and visitors
- Encourages and assists residents to participate in social, physical, spiritual and/or recreation activities as suites their unique preferences
- Actively participates in residence programs, meetings, committees and educational in-services
- Reads and understands relevant departmental and interdepartmental communications
- Completes other, related duties as requested by the Manager or Cook
- Must be prepared to respond to and assist in emergency situations
To be successful in the Activity Coordinator position, an individual must have and demonstrate the following:
- Grade 12 or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Food Safe Level 1 Certificate
- WHMIS certification
- Experience in a food services establishment, laundry or housekeeping role is preferred.
- TB Clearance
- Criminal Record Check
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must demonstrate the ability and temperament to deal effectively and cooperatively with others including good conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to communicate proficiently English (written and verbal) and be able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of the Korean language and culture an asset.
- Able to work under pressure, with deadlines, in a warm, noisy environment
- Ability to organize tasks and work independently
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Must be well groomed and have high standards of personal hygiene and cleanliness
- Must be in good health, physically able to carry out the duties of the position and free from communicable disease.
- Must be free from allergies or related conditions which may be aggravated by working with detergents, soaps, foods, perfumes etc.