Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Maison Manuvie - Office
Position type : Salaried
In this role, you will be responsible for customer service and event coordination for the Maison Manuvie conference centre, lounge and lobby. Main duties are as follows:
- Ensure clients and suppliers comply with Maison Manuvie conference centre rules and coordinate on-site visits;
- Coordinate and regularly update the event calendar in the online scheduling system; attend to weekly logistics, make service calls and follow up on dispatched tasks;
- Oversee logistics and setup plans; follow up with technical crews with regard to the organization and maintenance of spaces and the production of the required signage as requested by the client;
- Assist conference centre users with event management;
- Coordinate service calls for the conference centre in conjunction with various departments within the building;
- Liaise with the audiovisual technician to provide assistance to tenants during a conference;
- Make the necessary adjustments to the conference centre scheduling system in collaboration with the software provider;
- Coordinate the maintenance of the audiovisual equipment in the conference centre (service calls, upgrades, etc.);
- Assist tenants in using the audiovisual equipment in the conference centre;
- Coordinate and manage the various telecommunications services in the conference centre;
- Answer tenants’ enquiries about the conference centre;
- Support building managers in setting up, implementing and improving conference centre rules and procedures;
- Coordinate and act as the go-between for suppliers and the IT network manager (Spectech) for Maison Manuvie;
- Coordinate requests to use Maison Manuvie for location shoots;
- Coordinate tenant events in the main lobby;
- Assist Maison Manuvie managers and IT suppliers in physical assistance or other items as required, or in responding to alarms in the building network, an asset;
- Provide consulting services and support to building managers in the use and management of telecommunications equipment, an asset.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of equipment and inventory items and play an active role in soliciting bids for equipment purchases and negotiating agreements with selected suppliers;
- Play an active role in defining space renovation projects and coordinating work schedules with suppliers and contractors;
- Arrange with the designated cleaning company to have tablecloths laundered and oversee storage and maintenance;
- Check IT suppliers’ invoices to make sure they accurately reflect the services rendered;
- Follow up with caterers to obtain the required paperwork for various events (i.e., liquor permits, procedure checklists, post-event equipment checks);
- Issue invoices for events held in the lobby and location shoot fees;
- Prepare purchase orders and other documents required to pay suppliers’ invoices;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Diploma of vocational studies (DVS) or other relevant professional training;
- Attestation of collegial studies (ACS) in event and conference management, special events or tourism and event planning, an asset;
- Two to three years of relevant experience in multimedia production and/or special event coordination;
- In-depth knowledge of smart building technology and state-of-the-art conference centre facilities;
- Attention to detail and strong customer service mindset;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain quality business relationships;
- Team spirit and commitment to continuous quality improvement;
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, planning and multitasking skills;
- Excellent spoken and written French and English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Condeco;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio, the Good Register (TGR), Basware, Tesira, Cisco SX80 and Solstice Pod;
- Outgoing and dynamic;
- Availability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends for scheduled events.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.