.Net / C# Software Developer
Ideal Start: ASAP
Work Location: Calgary, AB
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
- Delivering applications programming and analysis tasks as part of a system development process as well as provide application support, maintenance, and enhancements for external business partners;
- Developing and documenting software based on a defined set of design and performance requirements;
- Adhering to processes defined by the Technical Lead and Solution Architect Provide estimates of work effort;
- Proactively providing ideas to improve proposed solutions;
- Actively participating in application design, database design, schema layout, and data loading;
- Actively participating in code walkthroughs/inspections as per the software development process and Quality Management Plan Prepare sample data and unit test plans;
- Troubleshooting and correcting complex bugs or issues (including performance issues);
- Developing and executing Test Driven Development (TDD)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A University Degree in relevant discipline
- 5-8 years’ experience with C#
- Backend development experience within the Microsoft stack of development tools (C#, .Net, SQL Server, Team Foundation Server – TFS, Visio)
- Previous experience developing multiple solutions using Agile practices and concepts. Experience utilizing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE) would be an asset.
- Experience with real time proprietary databases and SQL Development (SQL 2016)
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Modis will only present your resume to client’s when your explicit permission is obtained.
Modis maintains a general inbox for all IT candidates. If you are interested in being considered for other roles in the Calgary and/or Edmonton markets, please forward your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."