We are Systematix and we are currently looking for a.Net Developer with WPF to fill a contract role with one of our key Life Sciences clientele in North Toronto.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Our client is one of North America’s leading Scientific Test and Measurement organizations, with offices worldwide. Due to its ever-expanding technology footprint, providing best in class software solutions for the equipment they design and manufacture, the future of its development technology roadmap needs a guiding hand.
This is a contract position, where you will be a significant contributor to their software product development team, working in tandem with their global architecture group. As aSenior Software Developer on a team of other senior, talented professionals, you will be tasked with developing amalgamated technology strategies, ensuring that their core development technologies are properly aligned with their long-term requirements, and all your strategies will meet their robust quality guidelines.
Specifically, your responsibilities in this role are:
- Work closely with Software Applications and Research teams, and other functional groups to design and develop software products and capabilities.
- Problems are effectively analyzed to deliver creative and logical solutions using sound design principles that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements.
- Software module implementation and unit tests and conducts appropriate module testing.
- All defective products detected, reported, investigated, and fixed.
- Play a major role in software specification - including development of requirements, specifications, design documents and presentations.
- Evaluate new software development technologies, tools and practices. Recommend adoption of new tools where applicable.
- Follow established practices of Agile methodologies (i.e. test-driven development, continuous integration) that will ensure high quality software, delivered first time, all the time
- Evaluate new software development technologies, tools and practices. Offer new tool recommendations.
- Work collaboratively and proactively to maximize the success of the research and development teams.
ABOUT THE REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with skills in Logical, Object and Data Modeling
- 5+ years’ C#/.net experience, designing and developing desktop applications
- Strong experiencewith UI and WPF: approximately 80% front-end and 20% back-end
- Databases: mostly SQLite, some MongoDB nice to have
- Experience with Git,JIRA and Confluence
- Strong experience with OO Design Patterns, using SOLID design principle
- Unit Testing (NUnit)
- Experience with TeamCity an asset
- Any C++ or other OO languages an asset.
- Design and implementation of n-tier systems, reusable libraries and development frameworks
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Team player with strong collaboration skills
- Proven experience working in cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical personnel
Some of the things that would make you stand out for this role:
- Experience in device control or developing software for Life Sciences or Medical Device products
- Experience with component-based development and/or interface-driven design.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a six-month contract position, with a high probability of extension and possibility of going full/time downthe road, located at our client’s office in Vaughan.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact us or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if willing to refer someone who is qualified, Systematix will offer a referral fee for successful placements.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately-owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across Canada, we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to hundreds of Regional, National, Provincial and Federal Government clientele.
At Systematix, we pride ourselves in taking care of our consultant partnerships - by doing the little things that matter - like taking the time to get to know you, knowing when an opportunity is the perfect fit, informing you every step of the way, and building the foundation for long term relationships. We do the same with out clients, concerning ourselves more with the project than the position, so that we have the information you need to ensure an opportunity is right for you. We only work with people who enjoy making a difference.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!