| Job order - J0919-2136 - Permanent Full Time |
|City||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|Job Description|| .NET Programmer |
CGI is currently looking to hire a programmer/Analyst for a permanent role in the Ottawa office.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Create and modify code and software
- Create and modify screens and reports
- Translate functional or business requirements into technical requirements and design specifications
- Develop, test and implement small computer systems, and sub-systems of larger systems
- Produce forms, manuals, programs, data files, and procedures for systems or applications
- Lead application support activities in order to resolve incidents and identify root causes
- Use Microsoft Visual Studio to create and edit the source code
- Create and maintain source code that interacts with an RDBMS (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL)
- Lead requirements analysis and technical design sessions and provide technical guidance to programmers; and
- Developing test plans for unit and integration testing
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Must currently hold or be eligible for a Federal Government clearance at the level of Reliability (Level I)
5 years of professional experience with the following:
- Application design using .Net application development tools with Oracle databases (version 10 or more recent).
- Application development and Integration using Microsoft application development tools with Oracle databases (version 10 or more recent).
- Application development or application maintenance project, for an application developed on the ASP.NET platform, which utilized any of the following tools, methods or technologies: ASP .NET MVC (version 4 or more recent), Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) (version 3 or more recent); and AJAX.
- Authoring artefacts including Technical Designs, Unit and Integration Test Cases using an established development process.
- Experience designing and delivering application development and integration solutions using .Net application development tools with Oracle databases (version 10 or more recent).
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.