CMK Resources is seeking a NetBackup Resident who is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all activities related to deployment, maintenance, performance analysis & debugging issues with Veritas NetBackup software & hardware. The NetBackup position will require technical knowledge in areas (Oracle, SQL, etc..) outside the backup environment to be able to support & optimize backup & recovery. Understanding of similar backup technologies, a plus.
Title: NetBackup Resident
Job Location: Various
- Manage Daily Operations ensuring backups occur within customers Recovery Point Objective (RPO) & Recovery Time Objective (RTO)
- Provide reporting on backup performance & completion.
- Assist in troubleshooting and provide technical details.
- Monitor and Report on potential ops. & perf. Issues.
- Provide proactive and reactive advice on issues.
- Assist with installation of patches & upgrades.
- Provide Case/Ticket Management.
- Review & assist with configuration of identified tools.
- Assist with executing recommended changes.
- Mentoring and shadowing of customer team.
- Review environment and provide recommendations.
- Provide informal knowledge transfer.
- Recommend and assist with monitoring and alerting.
- Availability, capacity and performance audits.
- Perform configuration and environment reviews.
- Perform evaluations of new features and functionalities.
- Assist with task automation where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in this field of knowledge.
- 7+ years of experience with Veritas NetBackup.
- Experience in any applications as it pertains to backup & recovery.
- Technical experienced with similar backup platforms, nice to have.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Work independently on self-driven projects.
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills.
*Sorry, we cannot consider any 3rd party or Corp to Corp applicants
CMK Resources is an IT Staffing company that is focused on recruiting the most talented IT professionals in and around the data center space for world class organizations. CMK is built on a promise to provide a personal experience to each and every customer and consultant. We listen to customer challenges, upcoming projects, culture, and technologies to identify the right talent in the right amount of time. We take the time to understand what our consultants are great at and what environments they excel in. Our entire recruiting process takes place within the U.S. by Technical Recruiters familiar with the IT industry. We provide unrivaled personal service and industry knowledge that exceeds the competition.