Client ID: 268321
On behalf of our client in Edmonton, Procom is searching for a Network Analyst
Network Analyst Job Details
- The Network Analyst II will provide leadership and senior-level expertise in the research, analysis, planning, design, installation, development, implementation, maintenance, support and overall utilization of the network and telecommunications infrastructure. Work with users and management to define system requirements and resolve problems. Provide direction and leadership to Network Analyst I’s. Lead projects through inception, design and implementation while ensuring documentation is appropriate and complete.
- The work involves unique multi-functional and highly technical problems and issues related to supporting voice and data communications, networking, systems operation and systems access and security. Projects regularly have enterprise-wide impact and abstract reasoning, an organized approach to execution is essential to ensure that technology meets the credit union’s on-going business needs. Network Analysts are required to participate in an on-call rotation and provide after-hours support when necessary.
- Systems Administration & Support
• Research, plan, implement, test and debug all network systems software utilized on network.
• Monitor and test network performance and provide statistics and reports.
• Serve as an escalation point for the Network Analyst I’s and other departments.
- Security and Integrity Administration & Reporting
• Plan, design, implement and operate security technologies and procedures – e.g. Firewall, Routers, Switches, IDS/IPS, VPN.
• Provide reports as requested/required (e.g. – performance, usage, violation, etc.).
• Plan, design, implement and operate Business Continuity processes.
- Network and Communication Systems Administration & Support
• Administer entire telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response, and video conferencing systems.
• Ensure integrity, reliability and optimum performance of external and internal voice and data communication network components.
• Test, configure and co-ordinate network infrastructure upgrades and maintenance.
- Project Management
• Provide technical advice and assistance to business-led projects as required.
• Recommend and design improvements and alteration to current infrastructure to meet business needs and strategic objectives.
• Coordinate and work with the Architecture Group for design analysis and implementation planning.
- Department/Work Unit/Credit Union Support
• Provide input into organizational planning and budgeting for hardware/software needs.
• Provide support, direction, training, coaching and problem solving to team members.
• Actively participate in department/work unit/credit union meetings.
Network Analyst Mandatory Skills
- Must have experience in an enterprise telecommunications organization.
- Must have experience managing a multi-vendor VoIP system and a blended PRI and SIP telephone service.
- Must have experience in F5 Big-IP design and implementation (LTM & ASM).
- Must have experience in inter-VRF routing and troubleshooting.
- Must have experience with legacy firewalls, application firewalls, IDS and IPS.
- Must have experience with VPN to secure WAN traffic and remote workers.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of packet-level troubleshooting techniques (Wireshark, IOS debug, etc.).
- Must demonstrate experience troubleshooting WAN and LAN topologies.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of network security infrastructure and operations.
- Must have experience designing, implementing and operating datacenter networks and virtual computing systems.
- Previous experience with financial industry IT systems is an asset.
- Education and Training:
• An undergraduate degree or technical college diploma in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering and 6 or more years’ technical Information Services related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 6 years of demonstrated infrastructure engineering and support experience ideally in a service-based industry.
• Must have a minimum of one (1) recent network or telecom technical certification [Cisco preferred], with two (2) recent technical certifications highly desirable, certification and a strong background working with hardware and network components.
• Must have successfully completed CCNA certification
Network Analyst Start Date
Network Analyst Assignment Length