On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Network Security Analyst/VMWare NSX-T Specialist for a 4 month contract opportunity.
The candidate will have experience with micro-segmentation using VMWare’s NSX and Network Insight tools. Working with the applications owners and in collaboration with the company’s Security, Network & VMWare teams define security policies for each application that cannot upgrade from Server2008. Will be able to work alone and turn around work in a timely manner. Reporting to the project manager and responsible for security policies under the Windows Server 2008 Upgrade project.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Collaborates with application owners and understands business requirements
- Works in harmony with the project team to resolve technical problems
- Ensures applications interconnect seamlessly while, at the same time, blocking all unapproved connections
- Trains and orients the team on the policies developed
- Provides support to application support team where required
- Maintains local network policies, practices, security measures and control documentation
- Assists in preparing, revising and maintaining procedures and documentation
- Provides training on the functionality and management of security policies
- Minimum of 2 years experience in network security & micro segmentation using VMware NSX-T and Network Insight
- Excellent customer skills
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Previous experience within a corporate office technology environment
- Experience with internet and intranet security is desirable
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.