We are looking for Network Cabling Specialists to install and maintain communication distribution systems and/or other signals. These systems comprise the physical architecture that supports voice, video, and data transmission within industrial, commercial and institutional complexes.
- Interpret and verify work orders, specifications, drawings, schematics and special requirements.
- Perform site inspections.
- Assemble and set up all tools, materials and equipment.
- Create cable pathways and install cable supports.
- Install, fish, dress, cross connect and terminate Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP), co-axial and fibre optic cables.
- Install WiFi networks.
- Test, review and troubleshoot installed systems.
- Knowledge of basic computer systems
- Familiarity with retail environment and POS systems
- Familiarity with network equipment (routers, switches, desktops, printers, etc.)
- Liaise with customers, store managers and employees to explain, coordinate and schedule installations.
- Provide work log and reports.
- 2+ years’ experience with commercial or industrial network/structured cabling (cat 5/6)
- Able to read and interpret work orders and blue prints
- Experienced with and comfortable working at heights using lifts
- Basic knowledge and understanding of IT hardware (servers, routers, switches, access points, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Able and willing to work shifts including nights
- Able and willing to travel province-wide
- Must have access to a vehicle in good working condition to be used daily for company business.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence and clean Driver’s Abstract and be able to provide updated Driver’s abstract
- To accomplish your responsibilities, you are required to bring and use your own tools (with the exception of testing equipment)