Network and Telecom Technical Lead
• Are you a team player that helps make your workplace great?
• Are you a self-starter who can see opportunities and offer great solutions?
• Do you love to work and recognize what matters to you in our company’s values?
Then we’re made for each other.
The Network and Telecom Technical Lead will provide leadership and senior-level expertise in the research, analysis, planning, design, installation, development, implementation, maintenance, support and overall utilization of the network and telecommunications infrastructure. Work with users and management to define system requirements and resolve problems. Provide direction and leadership to Network Analyst I’s. Lead projects through inception, design and implementation while ensuring documentation is appropriate and complete.
The work involves unique multi-functional and highly technical problems and issues related to supporting voice and data communications, networking, systems operation and systems access and security. Projects regularly have enterprise-wide impact and abstract reasoning, an organized approach to execution is essential to ensure that technology meets the credit union’s on-going business needs. Network and Telecom Team members are required to participate in an on-call rotation and provide after-hours support when necessary.
What does a Network and Telecom Technical Lead do?
- Research, plan, implement, test and debug all network systems software utilized on network.
- Plan, design, implement and operate security technologies and procedures – e.g. Firewall, Routers, Switches, IDS/IPS, VPN.
- Administer entire telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response, and video conferencing systems.
- Recommend and design improvements and alteration to current infrastructure to meet business needs and strategic objectives.
- Provide input into organizational planning and budgeting for hardware/software needs.
- Provide leadership in the resolution of ongoing Problems by identifying possible solutions and making recommendations.
- Work with team and management to develop Standards, policies, and procedures essential for maintaining daily operations.
- Develop and coach team members to monitor supported systems for capacity and performance.
- Establish an open dialog with team members to encourage feedback and new ideas to achieve positive outcomes.
What are some of the skills a Network and Telecom Technical Lead must have?
- Building and maintaining a customer-focused culture
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to answer questions and solve problems
- The ability to stay focused on the ultimate goal and continue to work towards that result
- A knack for working quickly and accurately at the same time
- The ability to work well with others and thrive in a team-based workplace
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
- Must have experience in an enterprise telecommunications organization.
- Must have experience managing a multi-vendor VoIP system and a blended PRI and SIP telephone service.
- Must have experience in F5 Big-IP design and implementation (LTM & ASM).
- Must have experience in inter-VRF routing and troubleshooting.
- Must have experience with legacy firewalls, application firewalls, IDS and IPS.
- Must have experience with VPN to secure WAN traffic and remote workers.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of packet-level troubleshooting techniques (Wireshark, IOS debug, etc.).
- Must demonstrate experience troubleshooting WAN and LAN topologies.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of network security infrastructure and operations.
- Must have experience designing, implementing and operating datacenter networks and virtual computing systems.
- Previous experience with financial industry IT systems is an asset.
Education and Training
- An undergraduate degree or technical college diploma in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering and 6 or more years’ technical Information Services related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of demonstrated infrastructure engineering and support experience ideally in a service-based industry.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) recent network or telecom technical certification [Cisco preferred], with two (2) recent technical certifications highly desirable, certification and a strong background working with hardware and network components.
- Must have successfully completed CCNA certification
Any other special requirements necessary to do the job
On-call availability based on departmental on call rotation. Sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components. Occasional inspection or manipulation of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting, transporting and mounting of moderately heavy objects, such as servers and network equipment.
Weekend or shift work, available to travel, etc.
The business may from time to time ask for branch and/or department support for special projects and/or areas experiencing staff shortages. All employees may be asked to volunteer to assist in areas of need during these times. These assignments could result in a change of hours, location, and/or travel.