Northern Response is based in Richmond Hill (near Hwy 407 & 404). We are a major distributor of consumer-packaged goods to mass retailers such as Walmart and Costco, in addition to Live Shopping & Online Platforms like Amazon.
We invite you to become part of a dynamic results-focused marketing company with international coverage of over 90 countries worldwide.
The New Business & Product Sourcing Manager is responsible for identifying and sourcing quality supply sources of new consumer products worldwide from inventors, manufacturers and master license holders including both licensing of existing products and working with our development team in creating and manufacturing new proprietary products.
You will source and maintain a consistent flow of new and innovative products from domestic and overseas suppliers for the company’s sales group and build up relationships with suppliers, inventors, license holders, and manufacturers.
You will also oversee and manage various marketing and sales functions involving new business development, sales and marketing efforts, supplier relations, and marketing administration.
- Operate in a real-life Dragon’s Den environment
- Maintain a continuous flow of bestselling consumer products or brands and continuously build the company’s eco-system of new supply sources that will result in high quality products and cost-savings that will help drive overall company profitability
- Working with:
- Overseas manufacturers
- Suppliers of Licensed products
- Research and investigate new sourcing and supplier opportunities for the company’s four sales divisions of DRTV, Internet, Retail and International Sales.
- Sourcing, negotiating and developing unique consumer products for mass retail store planograms – Promotional or Inline
- Work collaboratively with Product Development team to provide cost estimates and manufacturing options to meet margin goals.
- Interface and problem solve with cross-functional teams specific to product manufacturing, quality control or delivery issues
- Professionally manage and measure suppliers for continuous performance, improvement and profitability
- Trade Publications and social media sources of new products
- Domestic and international tradeshows
- Coordinate with Operations regarding inventory planning and forecast accuracy
- Favourable licensing contract negotiations.
- Assemble all information, samples, costing, etc. for the New Product Development team to launch new products.
- Attend weekly meetings and other meetings as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business preferred
- 3-5+ Years’ experience in sales/marketing and/or manufacturing and sourcing in Consumer-Packaged Goods.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin. Any other languages an asset
- Comfortable working with overseas suppliers
- Sales, Marketing and Tradeshow experience an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Eager to take on increasing responsibilities
- Extremely flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Strong knowledge base related to global market conditions & macro trends
- Willingness to travel as required