Experienced and New Graduate Registered nurses are invited to showcase their passion for Pediatric Nursing.
BC Children’s Hospital is offering a unique Specialty Training opportunity in OR Nursing starting August 2019!
Experience the benefits of:
- Being part of a team that is committed to best care for children and their families
- Participating in a 5 month employer paid AORN Perioperative Training Program
* Working at BC Children’s Teck Acute Care Centre, a state of the art facility
* This program is complete with 7 weeks of instructor led education with OR simulation,
OR preceptor days + 3 months of consolidation period + examination for certification
Check out our incredible team at BC Children's Hospital: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcxIo3SfsI
- Graduate from an approved program of Nursing Education
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate effectively to children and their families and others.
- Ability to function as an active member of a multidisciplinary team, and function as a nursing resource.
- Ability to demonstrate effective CPR techniques.
- Ability to organize work
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable computer software.
BC Children's Hospital, Vancouver, BC
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 19, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the Child and Family Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia.
BCCH is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect People • Be Compassionate • Dare to Innovate • Cultivate Partnerships • Serve with Purpose
For more information on nursing opportunities, contact Veronica Wong, Talent Acquisition Advisor at email@example.com /604-875-7291.
For more information about BC Children's Hospital, please visit: www.bcchildrens.ca
For more information on all nursing careers that PHSA has to offer, please visit: https://jobs.phsa.ca/nursing
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at internaljobs.phsa.ca. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.