Reporting to the Crush Plant Supervisor, and working in a team environment, the Temporary Part Time Grain Buyer will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the elevator department with the assistance of the other operators on shift. The Temporary Part Time Grain Buyer will also assist the other departments as required.
To establish grades, weights, and dockage on Canola, Nexera and Hear seed deliveries to Bunge Canada-Nipawin according to the Policies of Bunge Canada and Regulations of the Canadian Grain Commission. Complete related documentation accurately and in a timely manner. This position also requires the incumbent to be able to work closely with grain procurement personnel, Bunge Canada customers (Producers, people in the grain trade and trucking firms). Working hours are Monday – Friday from 7:00am-1:30pm with a 30 minute lunch break, hours could be subject to change based on business needs.
- Must be able to distinguish colors for accurate grading of samples.
- Must be comfortable and maintain a positive attitude when dealing with the public i.e.: Producers, Truckers, and Elevator Agents. The Grain Buyer, being a Bunge Canada front line representative, must conduct themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be knowledgeable of the grading regulations for Canola as outlined by the Canadian Grain Commission and Bunge Canada grain manual. The successful applicant shall also be able to accurately determine Green seed, Heated seed, Admixtures and Damaged seed. The successful applicant shall be able to apply regulations and grades in accordance with the Bunge Discount Schedule.
- Must be able to perform accurately a dockage assessment on all deliveries of Canola/ HEAR/ NEXERA seed.
- Must be able to work at heights for cleaning out chutes.
- Must be able to perform accurately all computer related functions relating to the Bunge Canada grain accounting procedures as per grain accounting manual.
- Must be prepared to perform checks on all grain handling equipment as per daily checklist and report any concerns. Some outdoor work is required summer and winter.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Canadian Grain Commission and Canadian Wheat Board Regulations.
- Must be able to prepare accurate samples for submission to the Canadian grain Commission, retain the same for grade and dockage and complete related paperwork.
- Must communicate with Crush Supervisor as to type of seed (whether heated or damaged) in the Day bins and advise them when fines are being received.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of office, equipment, scale and the area under the scale and unloading area and surrounding outside area as set out in accordance with the regulations set out in the food safety manual.
- Must bin all Canola, HEAR, and Nexera deliveries accurately in accordance with Bunge Canada Canola, HEAR, and Nexera handling procedures.
- Must monitor deliveries to prevent congestion and delays.
- Due to the nature of grain handling, dust allergies may be a problem in this position.
- Seed grading and moisture testing equipment must be calibrated and maintained as per operator's manual and in accordance with Canadian Grain Commission regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: Grade 12
- Experience requirements: Preferred manufacturing experience.
- Hard skills: PC skills, emails.
- Soft skills: Good verbal and written communication skills
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled