Work, Live and Play
Sun Peaks Resort LLP has proven to be one of the highest levels of guest service providers within the ski industry. We can promise you a memorable and gainful working experience within our high volume and challenging work environments. Sun Peaks Resort LLP has many benefits to offer our employees including:
- Full access Winter Season Alpine Lift and Nordic Trail passes
- Employee Health and Wellness Program including EFAP services
- Companywide discounts and benefit programs
- Eligibility to participate in our Peak Performer Recognition Program, awarded at our monthly staff dinner and events
- Reciprocal skiing/snowboarding at participating North American ski areas
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Teaching duties relative to certification and experience in our Nordic Programs (group lessons, all ages of private lessons, and special programs). Full list of programs at: http://www.sunpeaksresort.com/
- Daily operations our Nordic Centre as required. Rentals, retail, and ticket sales.
- Direct product marketing to guests.
- Operate according to code of conduct and values statement of Sun Peaks Resort LLP and the Sports School.
- Proficient use of spoken English.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills.
- Polished interpersonal and motivational skills and highly organized.
- Proven track record in tourism, guest services, and as a team player.
- Legally able to work in Canada from November 2020 until April 2021.
- Willing to submit to an RCMP criminal record check.
- Undertake required daily duties as per SPR LLP operating guidelines.
- Comply with the Alpine Responsibility Code.
- You must be physically able to fully undertake teaching responsibilities pertinent to your certification level and discipline in a safe and diligent manner up to 40 hours per week and 8 hours per day.
- Able to work outside in all winter weather conditions, including stormy and extremely cold conditions, safely.
- High degree of physical fitness is initially required and daily maintenance of such condition as to reduce and or eliminate the risk of at work soft tissue stress. A department dry land training outline will be supplied for this purpose.
- Presently free of injuries that may obstruct daily duties.
- Second language skills are an asset (e.g. Mandarin or Spanish).
- Professional and current Nordic teaching certification with a nationally recognized organization (CANSI or equivalent).
- Extended sales training and/or experience is an asset.
- Several seasons of previous Nordic lesson teaching experience.
- Experience of Nordic rental, retail and ticket sales.
- Microsoft computer systems, electronic business systems
- Outstanding cash handling skills; sales transaction reconciliation, daily cash outs.
Enjoy the natural mountain environment and fresh air. Sun Peaks mountain is a smoke-free environment.