Job DescriptionJob Title: Nurse Case Manager (RPN/RN)Work Site: Home Health, Pender Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BCStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.60 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possible until approximately January 2021Salary: $34.83 - $45.73 per hourHours: 0830-1630, with Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and statutory holidays offReference#: 123622-jmc
Come work as a Nurse Case Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join the Home Health team at Pender Community Health Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse Case Manager with the Home Health team you will:
- Manage a select population of eligible clients who are chronically ill or have long term physical disabilities.
- Use chronic disease management and self-care management principles to conduct assessments, identify problems, address issues or variances from the plan of care in collaboration with the appropriate physician, interdisciplinary team member and/or community agency.
- Provide continuity of care across the continuum by liaising with interdisciplinary team members, coordinating, implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care, coordinating ongoing care and supporting transition.
- Act as a clinical resource for the interdisciplinary team by providing information based on nursing theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
ABOUT HOME HEALTH PROGRAMS
Home Health programs provide a range of health care and support services to people living in the community who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs.
THE CLIENT POPULATION
Home Health clients typically have on-going health issues and/or complex personal and/or social issues, requiring care planning and coordination of appropriate resources. Clients include frail elderly, younger clients with disabilities, and adults with chronic illnesses requiring supports to maintain/promote independence. Pender serves Gastown, Chinatown, Strathcona and the Downtown Eastside neighbourhoods.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) and three years’ recent clinical nursing experience working in acute care with a medical and/or geriatric focus, recent case management or home care nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Driver’s License.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated skill in physical assessment and chronic disease management.
- Demonstrated competency in psychomotor skills required within the designated scope of nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of BCCNP standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities for care for a caseload of clients.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical, mental, psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system and email system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.