|Job Title:||Nurse Clinician/CRN - Addictions|
|Work Site:||Drug and Alcohol Resource Team (DART), Richmond Hospital - Richmond, BC|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$42.25 - $51.78 per hour|
Casual shifts as required
Come work as a Nurse Clinician/CRN with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Drug and Alcohol Resource Team (DART) in Richmond, BC as a Nurse Clinician. Apply today to join our team!
The Drug and Alcohol Resource Team offers addictions assessment, counselling, education and referral services for patients of Richmond Hospital. Services provided include consultation, nursing management, counselling, treatment planning, assistance with discharge planning, and referral to community based addiction resources.
As a Nurse Clinician/CRN with VCH you will:
- Provide leadership and apply specialized theory and knowledge relating to designated/specific patient/client populations to promote the delivery of safe, ethical and quality care.
- Act as a clinical resource by providing consultation and clinical support to the interdisciplinary care team, other professionals and students.
- Promote excellence in patient/client centered care, education and research.
- Participate in direct patient/client and family care, when required.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) is required.
- Completion of post basic specialty nursing certificate/program if applicable and three (3) years' recent, related experience in the designated specialized clinical area or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with addiction/withdrawal management required.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle for local area travel may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally on a one to one and group setting.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and support staff through transition.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the assessment and treatment of specialized patient/client population utilizing best available evidence informed practice.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational programs and materials for staff/patients/clients and families based on educations theories, principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a supportive and creative learning environment.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well as applicable wordprocessing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.