Functioning as a member of a Regional palliative care team in a collaborative practice model, you will be accountable for providing services to clients, the family, and the community, with a strong emphasis on health promotion, disease prevention, supportive and palliative care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate will possess a degree in nursing, completion of an educational program for Nurse Practitioners, registration in the Extended Class with the Nurses of Ontario
- A minimum of 3 years nursing experience working with palliative persons and their families is required.
- Proven leadership capabilities and success working with community resources and services, combined with an understanding of the roles of health professionals, support workers, and programs related to community health and social services are required competencies.
- Recent work in oncology or palliative care an asset.
- Home Care experience an asset; CHPC(C) designation an asset.
- Computer literacy and demonstrated ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary team setting with the ability to promote effective working relationships is essential.
- Travel throughout the Waterloo Wellington region will be required.
- With appropriate notice, this position may be assigned other shifts or work locations.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements. We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_Recruiter.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY