Are you an experienced Nurse Practitioner looking for a different kind of practice environment? You’re looking in the right place.
The South West LHIN is currently seeking one permanent full time Nurse Practitioner. The successful incumbent will operate primarily in a home-based office supporting patients and their loved ones within the local Grey/Bruce community.
The Nurse Practitioner is a selfdirected practitioner who provides holistic patient care based on advanced nursing and basic medical management knowledge and skills for a selected patient population.
What will you do?
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will:
- Provide care for medically complex patients in their own homes.
- Provide palliative care for patients in their own homes as they near end of life.
- Liaise with patients, families and all health care providers and using clinical assessment, monitoring and management skills to provide the best possible patient care.
- Help patients to manage pain and symptoms and avoid unnecessary hospitalization.
- Manage acute and episodic episodes of complex disease.
What must you have?
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO): Registered Nurse Certificate of Competence with Extended Class.
- Completion of a Nurse Practitioner Certificate.
- Successful completion of the CNO Adult or Primary Care Nurse Practitioner examinations.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ recent nursing experience with individuals who require end of life care.
- Demonstrated use of theory and research/evidence based outcomes within own practice.
- Clinical research experience – knowledge of basic research designs, measurement techniques and statistical
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with Nursing Professional Practice Models.
- Knowledge and experience in change theory and adult learning principles.
- Knowledge and experience with the long term care system and the principles of patient & family-centered care.
- Travel throughout the South West region may be required.
- Effective interpersonal relationship and group/team skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team environment, including ability to work with team members of diverse culture who may be providing alternative approaches to care.
- Demonstrated leadership for the advancement of clinical practice and achievement of Program goals.
- Highly developed critical thinking skills and ability to conceptualize and analyze problems.
- Ability to be selfdirected and function independently.
What would give you an advantage?
- Proficiency in a second language, particularly French;
- Completion of Masters of Science in Nursing (MScN);
- An ambassador of workplace culture.
Who we are:
Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) play a key role in Ontario’s health care system. Working in partnership with patients, families, providers and community organizations, LHINs ensure people have access to the health care they need — at home and in the community.
Committed to innovation and collaborative partnerships, the South West LHIN plans, coordinates and funds local health services, and delivers high-quality home and community care to patients and families, with a focus on improving population health, the patient experience, and value for money across the health care system. Our staff incorporate the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone.
How do I apply?
Please visitwww.lhinjobs.cato submit your resume and cover letter. Application deadline is July 8, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to volume of applications, we are not able to respond to general inquiries by phone or e-mail.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodation as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.