Job DescriptionJob Title: Nurse Practitioner (NP)Work Site: Emergency Department, iCARE, Quick Response Team, Richmond Continuing Health ServicesStatus:
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: RotatingReference#: 133352-kch
Come work as a Nurse Practitioner with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join the Quick Response Team with Richmond Continuing Health Services. Apply today to join our team!
The Quick Response Nurse Practitioner provides primary and convalescence care for frail elders and vulnerable clients that have been discharged from the ER department and acute to home, or are at home, and require home based primary care to avoid an unnecessary ER presentation. The Nurse Practitioner works independently yet is part of an interprofessional ‘Quick Response Team’ that is supported by nurses, rehab clinicians and physicians. Collaborative relationships between emergency and community clinical teams are integral to improving primary care access as well as overall quality of life and care in the community.
As a Nurse Practitioner with VCH you will:
- Be responsible and accountable for the comprehensive assessment of patients and clients including diagnosing diseases, disorders and conditions.
- Initiate treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribe medications in accordance with the statutory and regulatory standards, limits and conditions, and employer policies and procedures.
- Provide professional guidance to other health professionals and participate autonomously as a member of the interdisciplinary health teams.
- Collaborate with clients and other health professionals to identify and assess trends and patterns that have implications for clients, families and communities.
- Develop and implement population and evidence-based strategies to improve health and participate in policy-making and quality improvement activities that influence health services and practices.
- Participate in peer, program and self-review to evaluate the outcome of the services at the client, community and population level.
- Be responsible for your own professional development and maintaining competence in the position, and maintaining privileges as active medical staff as required.
- Report to an Operational Director, Professional Practice and own key accountabilities for quality assurance and patient safety within the Regional Department of Nurse Practitioners.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) plus 4 years of recent, and relevant clinical nursing experience. Successful completion of the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to perform the full scope of NP duties and responsibilities.
- Applies for and maintains core and non-core privileges, as required by the program, as active medical staff within the VCH Regional Department of Nurse Practitioners and cross-appointments as described in the VCH Medical Staff Rules and Medical Bylaws.
- Ability to apply knowledge of developmental stages, behavioral sciences, pathophysiology, psychopathology, epidemiology, and evidence-based practice to clinical diagnosis and patient management.
- Ability to apply knowledge of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics to prescribing and evaluating treatment responses.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with patients and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self care and prognosis.
- Ability to collaborate, consult with and formally refer clients and patients to physicians and other health professionals when appropriate.
- Ability to critically assess and evaluate health research literature to determine best practices; ability to introduce education and evidence-based research.
- Ability to assess and recognize population health trends; ability to plan and implement strategies for population based prevention and health promotion.
- Ability to implement and evaluate planned change.
- Ability to define the specific areas of practice and client population for whom the position is competent to provide health care services.
- Ability to apply lead leadership skills within a program and team setting.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.