The Nursing Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the health and well-being of residents by ensuring, among other things, that employees under his responsibility provide care as assigned.
- Participates in hiring, scheduling and managing staff under his responsibility;
- Coordinates and follow ups with employees under his responsibility;
- Ensures the well-being of residents according to the establishment’s standards;
- Manages resident appointments with various stakeholders;
- Intervenes with residents when necessary;
- Compiles information on residents’ state of health and directs them to specialists for consultation;
- Act as an intermediary with families and the CSSS;
- Keeps residents’ records up to date;
- Ensures the proper quantity and functioning of equipment and materials;
- Acts a resource person on the procedures to follow in the event of workplace accidents or other similar events.
- Collaborates with members of other interdisciplinary healthcare teams to ensure the necessary follow-up with residents and their families;
- Participates in meetings involving the intermediary resource to ensure the quality of services is properly managed and monitored;
- Participates in the establishment’s overall coordination in a spirit of support and collaboration;
- Performs other related tasks.
- Interest in helping relationships and the elderly;
- Good judgment, attention to detail;
- Strong team spirit, great interpersonal skills, dynamism;
- Autonomy, initiative;
- Discretion, professionalism;
- Empathy, ability to listen and communicate;
- Ability to maintain professional distance, courtesy, respect.
- Member in good standing of the OIIAQ;
- One (1) to three (3) years of staff management experience;
- Experience with people with mental or other health issues;
- Experience working or volunteering with seniors (asset);
- CPR and PDSB (asset);
- Knowledge of Word and Excel software.
We thank all candidates who will apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.